View Single Post
Old September 7, 2011, 08:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahaz
One of my many theories of life is the following:

Having come to the Bangladeshi team at an age less than 17/18, most of these players (Shahadat, Ashraful, Sakib) never got the chance to develop mentally through natural progression. It is quite hard when you are constantly having to deal with a barrage of adulation and criticism. You get stuck in a time warp. So Ash is mentally 15, Shahadat is 17, Shakib is 18, and Tamim is 21. Tamim got to grow as he was used to seeing someone else grow amongst fame and adulation..undoubtedly, his uncle Akram Khan.Having come from a well off an cluey family, he knows how to talk, and how to handle women. Hehas had the same girlfriend reportedly from about 16. That is mighty impressive, considering how many girls would have dropped their anchol for him. In that regard, I admire him.

Shakib used to talk about the abundance of girls around him. Though he kept the interviews tasteful and relevant, I still read between the lines that it is an overwhelming experience that takes a significant part of his thought process. He still needs to learn how to deal with fame and girls. He is getting there. ( Where he lack is in handling the media and what he says about his co-workers/bosses).

Shahadat's interview..well, well, well... Anyone who calls himself a playboy is definitely only a fool. Some girls with low self-esteem may date these sort of guys, but anyone worth keeping shall not look twice at 99.999% of these guys. ( If you have thought of an exception, that girl has low self-esteem). Rajib indeed should learn to respect women. Just because a girl may have given herself over to him one or two times does not mean he owns her. If he thinks its because of his looks and fame, then I have news for him. Many of my friends are doing better than him, or Shakib, and it is not to do with money. Its because they understand girls and treat them well. ( That, or the girl has issues..) Shahadat is thinking simple in terms of evolutionary theory (tall, skinny, fair-skinned) but nowadays everyone is more sophisticated. Who the heck would dare date him after such an interview?

Although I have met a number of guys and girls from the subcontinent who look for taller, fairer, rich, foreign (girls) ...or younger, poorer than them, fair/blonde (guys). It is more in line with how Shahadat thinks, and how a lot of Bangladeshi mums think as well.

This interview of Shahadat reflects badly on Bangladesh rather than him or cricketers. He should really forget the hero stuff and concentrate on what he is good at: cricket. It is clear he would not be a commentator, ever. Or a captain. Or Shakib.