View Single Post
Old May 31, 2017, 01:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin
BDFlag Who should be our next ODI captain?

Personally, I think Mash shouldn't carry out ODI captaincy till WC' 2019. He will be almost 36 years old during next WC with numerous injuries. So, if we need a new captain; he should start at least a year prior to the WC.

Out of everything, a captain should:
1) Posses great leadership skills & cricketing brain
2) Always keep calm & cool
3) Be able to perform at dire situations

I always prefer an all-rounder as a captain simply because an all-rounder is flexible with his batting/bowling order, can judge the playing conditions from both perspectives and take decisions and can perform with either bat or ball.

In plain sight Shakib fits the role, but his past record as a captain isn't impressive. As the main middle-order batsman and a struggling keeper, I don't want to overburden Mushy either. I highly doubt Tamim can perform consistently as an opening batsman if he is made captain.

So, only Mullah remains in the race despite his near career end performance in recent times. He is more like a batting all-rounder. I believe he can stay calm (except his nervous start while batting & occasional brain-fart), a proven finisher and an overall good LOI performer. Now whether he can handle the extra pressure and lead the whole team can only be seen if he is made the captain. My vote goes to him.