View Single Post
Old August 2, 2009, 08:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Despite the West Indies series whitewash in Tests and ODI's, Bangladesh Cricket has a lot to think about and build on from now on. We should take note, that this same Bangladesh team collapsed in the First Test, First innings against this semi-decent, inexperienced overnight West Indies team. Had it not been for Mashrafee and Shahadat tail order batting, we would have lost that test setting up a much feasable target for the West Indies, a total far less than 277. However, Bowlers yet again, compensating for the faults of the Batsmen.

Dropped catches, life after life, risky shots, chances after chance and utilizing upon them has been the theme of this tour for Bangladesh. A much more disciplined zimbabwean side are probably licking their lips right now for some sweet ole' revenge.

This T20 loss signifies the amount of luck, complacency in opposite fielding, Bangladesh Cricket Team has been recieving since the start of the tour: it is great that the bubble finally burst so that we can realize the little errors we make consistently.
Nothing illuminating. Pretty much straight forward article. (Sorry bro for being a Richard but I think lot of ji vai, hay vai tel maramari goes on here which bars from constructive criticism and impedes quality in writing).

Now on to replying your piece. Rifat, this thing call "luck" happens to many great batsmen and bowlers. This is called Cricket. Things like these are bound to happen and does not take away anything from the game. Same could be said about other oppositions who were buoyant on heavenly "luck." Someone with more cricket knowledge than me can quote plethora of examples from the top of their head of players being dropped on the first ball and going on to make centuries. Does this take anything away from them? No.

I agree with you in the first test, there was this collapse and "had it not been because Mashrafe and Shahadat..." But, this is cricket and they _did_ stand up for us saving our face from collapse. It's the same mistake as the logic in alternate history. What if Alexander died in 334 BC if not his buddy Cleitus saved him? Well, who knows? It sure reads for entertaining alternate history but the fact of the matter is no one knows for sure what might have happened. Bottom line is we won.

I see what you mean by our team not playing a "perfect" game. But, in real life skirmishes, perfection is an illusion.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Last edited by Zeeshan; August 2, 2009 at 09:01 PM..