View Single Post
Old April 16, 2006, 10:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yameen
some of u people deserve a bashing...literally! how could u insult a great contributer to bangladesh cricket. his batting may not look attractive, and his recent scores may not be something to write home about, but he has done so much for our team in terms of keeping his opening wicket, steadying the innings relating back when we often used to be 20/5.
Please read this. He was never there to rebuild the innings when we have 5 down.In fact he was only twice there after 5 wicket down. In one case he was the sixth man out and the other case he carried the bat - creating the ever lasting myth. By the way we were/are horrible but not as horrible as 20/5. Regarding great contributer. Let me tell you he is not in the top 10 performers of Bangladesh crciket history. I m giving you some hard facts.
1. Akram (the architect of Bangladesh Test Status, if u forgot or does not know about the Holland Game in ICC tropy, then you are just a glory hunter)
2. Atahar Ali (the only international player in pre-test era)
3. Ash ( I may not be a member of his fan club, but this guy is the pure genious, architect of our greatest victory in ODI)
4. Badsha The only player to represnent Bangladesh in Asian XI during pre test era
4. Bulbul (His century in first test prove that we belong to elite group)
5. Chacha (I may one of his Basher, but I ignore his contribution in our cricket specially after 2003 debacle, then I am ungrateful)
6. Nafees Iqbal (Yes, you are reading right, his performance againest Zim is the best demonastration by a Bangladeshi Batsman in test)
7.Pilot (I did not forgive him for 2003 debacle, but so many times he carried Bangladesh in respectable total)
8. Rafiq (The first world class bolwler of Bangladesh Cricket)
10. Sumon ( the only beacon of our test batting for a long long time)

As you would find that there is no place for such stalwart like Nannu, Lipu or the first century maker for Bangladesh Opi. If you are still believe that JO is great then I have nothing to say.

Last edited by thebest; April 16, 2006 at 10:52 PM..