View Single Post
Old January 11, 2007, 01:12 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by babubangla
There were 3 other CA before him and no one acted like him. He WAS a respected person...but he allowed BNP to use him as a puppet.
Babu bhai, you have to admit that Iazuddin took the charge of CA in a very different circumstances compared to previous 3 CA. I think you probably have watched how people were killed in the street due to political violence.

In first case, BNP and AL were united.

In the second case, it followed by a very unacceptable 15 February election, in fact which led to CT governemnt system permanently.

In 3rd case, AL was in the govt. and they were happy with the setup. BNP is no good as a opposition party , in terms of raising voices and they raised some point but were not met (I think you know, they demanded resignation of CEC and in particular EC Shafiur Rahman) although they went to power in 2001.

This time it was a very different situation. Its AL in opposition and they have got very strong organinzing skill in case of 'Andolon' and President additionally took the power of CA .

Last edited by Miraz; January 11, 2007 at 01:17 PM..