View Single Post
Old March 10, 2011, 02:26 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawaherul
"The issue that you have raised had caught into my attention and we are completely aware of the fact on this matter."

You think, there is any grammatical mistake on this line? And on account of that, you question my knowledge on english grammer? ok fine. Let me analyze it.

The sentence is a compound sentence. First part is a complex sentence. "The issue that you have raised had caught into my attention"... that here is a relative pronoun whose antecedent is "issue", in the part "you have raised" uses present perfect tense because it happened in the past but its effect is still present, if its effect were not resent then there is no point in replying to his email. then the next part "had caught into my attention" means that it had caught into Lorgat's attention even before. look at the phrasal verb "catch into" meaning .. "to attract".

The next part of the compound sentence, "we are completely aware of the fact on this matter". Here we mean ICC officials. "be aware of" means "to have knowledge or cognizance about". The total sentence means, they have the complete knowledge on the truth on the matter raised into question.

At which point did you have an inconsistency? And just point out the exact grammatical error please; don't question my grammar knowledge, you have no right to do that. I have not questioned your knowledge in any of my post.
hey sorry man, chill. i dont mean to come at you in any other way. no offense intended.

We are straying away from the topic. to your line, do you think
"had caught into my attention " looks right to you ? i wont reply to your posts anymore, so dont waste your time analysing simple compound sentences anymore.

Again, sorry if it meant any offense. May be i shld have put it better.

cheers !
Padosan