Thread: Farhad Hossain
View Single Post
Old February 4, 2010, 12:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Raqibul actually was not a bad find at all. In his initial period he did well to play within himself, now he is going through a period of struggle as he is trying to develop his strokeplay. His trouble is compounded as he has been found out against back of the length deliveries. Anyrate, I don't think Raqibul is someone to be written off so easily. But, while he should be kept in the loop to sort out his troubles with coaching staff, we need to explore other grafters that are raising their hands for a chance.
we should never write anyone off, most of the guys that get given a run in the national team are very young, would be silly to think they can't or won't get better, but like you say we should be exploring other players. stick to a core group but if someone puts their hand up and they can fill a spot in the national team that isn't being performed very well then yeah they could be given ago.

i agree that raqibul was a good find, i think he's helped the ODI team quite a bit, test team is a bit different but he's young.