View Single Post
Old October 19, 2012, 05:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
I blame hizbut tahrir - I know I come across like a broken record here...but the reach these people have is unbelievable.

As I said before, my own cousin is a victim of their particular brand of brainwashing and we are struggling to pull him back from the edge.

This is a kid who aced his SSC/HSC exams and is now a chemistry student at DU.

Never mixed with any crowd let alone the 'wrong' crowd, and that was the hook. They go for the quiet, unassuming, slightly detached kids. Give them a sense of belonging and the rest is history.

There are teachers with ties to these groups in private and public universities...and the dangers are increasing.

Obviously we aren't some mental nation where people are going to start a jihad tomorrow...but we need to act now.
AND you are correct
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Asia-...moderate-image

"A senior faculty member at the North South University in Bangladesh, where Nafis studied before moving to the US, told The Christian Science Monitor that Nafis was involved with the Hizbut Tahrir, a global organization that advocates a pan-Islamic caliphate and was banned in Bangladesh in 2009. Bangladesh military officials arrested leaders of the group in January after what they claimed was a failed attempt to topple the government"