View Single Post
Old April 13, 2007, 05:03 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Another great news-

Bayern may agree Hargreaves sale

Bayern Munich president Franz Beckenbauer has admitted England midfielder Owen Hargreaves could be sold to Manchester United this summer.

The Bundesliga giants have so far refused to grant the 26-year-old's wish to leave for Old Trafford.

But Beckenbauer, speaking on German television, said: "If it is right there is an offer of 25-30m euros (£17-20m), then I would seriously consider it.

"I think the board also think this way to satisfy the needs of the player."

Hargreaves has been a long-standing United target and the player has expressed a desire to play in England.

So far, Bayern have refused to deal with the Premiership leaders and suggested Hargreaves should honour the new four-year contract he signed last summer.

But a United bid of up to £20m could be enough to get their man this summer.

Hargreaves said: "I will sit down with Bayern and we will discuss how my future looks."

- BBC

I reckon Sir Alex shouldn't miss this opportunity. Hargreaves is very keen to play for United, he plays with a lot energy and heart. Price may be an issue as £20m quite a lot, but he would be great match with Carrick in the midfield. Besides Scholes isn't going to play forever.