View Single Post
Old August 3, 2009, 03:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
Its really not respecting singles. Its an issue in T20 as well as ODi an even in Tests. We seem to think that batting is either blocking the ball dead into the ground or going for the big shots. There is such an art in finding the gaps and frustrating the bowlers/fielders by quick singles. The bowling team feels like they're doing well by not conceding major runs but the scoreboard never stops ticking.

If 160 is a par score for T20 that means 8 an over. If you're not gifting dot balls, only a single boundary is needed in the over and even that isn't a neccesity if you can convert a couple of the singles to 2s. If the pressure is on the bowlers, the bad balls will come and so will the boundaries.

Besides shot selection, our running between the wickets needs work. Don't know if the coaches focus on this but the batsman & the runner must be aware of each other. Naeem's run out was just as much his fault for abrupt running as it was Mushy's for not screaming 'No' as soon as realized what Naeem was thinking. If he didn't realize what Naeem was doing/thinking thats again the communication problem.
you got it spot on sir....

Our batsmen's "ura dhura shots" to quote Tiger's Eye brother: seems to go in vain when they can't even get the basics right.

about Running between the wickets(RBW): I personally thought our RBW was superb this tour apart from the last T20 match...

my original post was about how this loss exposed all our weak points: like playing basic cricket. i mean after 11/0 in the first over 13/3 in three overs: as Gopal bhar said: this is cricket, where luck is necessary. let's say for instance: Luck went against us yesterday. if that is the case: then, I can quote plethora of examples where luck went against us...I would say: Arguably Bangladesh is the luckiest Cricketing nation on earth... However, sudden collapse doesn't happpen on a regular basis with a team like Australlia or England...and it is not credit due to excellent bowling which started the collapse it is the little error in shot selections and excellent fielding from the oppposition. we should remember apart from some glorious moments here and there: how in past we got thrashed by NZ in 6 overs...and how in a similar fashion we gave up against a much qualified West Indian side in World Cup 2007. what I wanted to say is what Baundule originally said : our consistent faults get overshadowed by excellent wins here and there. It was the lapse in concentration, and the lack of professional attitude let to our downfall...

most of the tours we have played to date: Ending never really looked good! just a general observation...players get tired? loses enthusiasm?? no energy?? I don't think so. they just took it like child's play...

If Bangladesh are to move into Top 8 with relative ease: then no matter what you should always go for win, anything less should not be acceptable. we have the resources, the talent: just the application or the approach isn't correct!

Learn how to bat!!!