View Single Post
Old February 4, 2013, 12:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

IMO Hindi dubbing cant be a ligit reason to ban a program, as there are plenty such other Hindi tv channels airing in BD as well. TBH Got no idea about Doraemon myself, as wiki says, its from a manga story of a robot cat from future time travelled in present. When I was a kid I used to be very fond of "Thunder Cats", thats also a story similar to 'Transformers' as for few refuged alien race but in cats genre instead of robots. Dont see why kids wont love such cartoons with good fantasy. Here how wiki describes Doraemon which sounds fine to me-
Quote:
A majority of Doraemon episodes are comedies with lessons regarding values such as honesty, perseverance, courage, family and respect for elders. Various environmental issues are often visited, including homeless animals, global warming, endangered species, deforestation, and pollution. Miscellaneous educational topics such as dinosaurs, the flat Earth theory, wormhole traveling, Gulliver's Travels, and the history of Japan are often covered.
wiki
Here I found this complain about Doraemon which could be more a valid reason to ban.
Quote:
I am disgusted with this programme DORAEMON, especially with Nobita (main role of a kid) who uses gadgets supplied by Doraemon (robot cat) to get what he wants. Also, the way Nobita behaves, like does not do his home-work, does not do any house work, turns a deaf ear towards his mother. Are our children to be subjected to such antics? Today, I was watching the programme where Nobita’s mother tells him to run some errands. Nobita tells his mother, you, yourself do the work? Would any parent like their children to talk to them in this manner? My son watches every episode and he behaves the same like Nobita.
I am sure every Indian Parent will agree with me that their children are intelligent and they do not need a DOREAMON to help them. What is the programme trying to put across to our children? I strongly believe that this programme should go off air or the script should be changed as it is sending wrong messages to our children.
http://hissingkitty.com/complaints/d...bad-influence/