View Single Post
Old December 13, 2004, 07:12 AM
Retired BC Admin

Quotes:

Dav Whatmore once again pleaded with Bangladeshi fans to give their team a chance. "You must remember that not long ago we came within a whisker of winning in Multan," he said, after Bangladesh lost by an innings and 140 runs to India at the Bangabandhu stadium. "I can feel your frustration. Yes, the whole country's frustration, I can feel it. But I plead with everyone to please have some more patience. But the boys aren't doing this intentionally. They are working as hard as they can possibly to overcome [their flaws] to some degree. As long as you are showing some improvement, you give yourself a chance. Don't forget the opposition is pretty good, whoever we play."

Whatmore, who wears his passion for coaching and for this Bangladesh team on his sleeve, slammed Bangladesh's critics for suggesting that they were making a mockery of Test cricket. "That is absolute rubbish," he said. "I think that is a very shallow view. That is one that comes from looking at the scoreboard. You need to understand the game and understand the situation that Bangladesh is in globally. Those are very dangerous comments."