View Single Post
Old May 5, 2008, 11:00 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdchamp20
I am slowly turning against IPL, why are the other boards letting India develop their players? I think other countries should stand upto India, they should demand changes. Like 6 foreign players being allowed to play instead of 4
Indian board is developing its players at its own cost.They are making an investment and hence they deserve the rewards (if any)

About letting more than 4 international players, according to me 4 is a stretch and should reduce it to 3.If we were to have 6 internationals and lets say 3 Indian stars (Indian audience would be furious with this number..afterall they would want to see more than 3 Indian stars)..we would be left with 2 for the Indian kids.Afterall this is a aimed at getting the Indian talent out putting them against a tough opposition, that includes the traunt Indian stars who rarely play for the Ranji's.Having palyers like James Hopes and ilk who are medicore at best will not help the younsters.I rather have a Ranji player instead of him.

At the end of the day IPL is aimed at Indian cricket targetting the Indian audience.The international players are included (for a hefty fee) to add to the star value and to give (again) the young Indians the needed exposure.

I guess you are missing the I in the IPL.The same would be for the proposed EPL (english) and PPL(?) the Pakisthani equivalant.