View Single Post
Old May 4, 2006, 10:18 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

great post Ahmed_B....

i want cricket to be back at BNS...i want BNS to be the center focus of our new sporting culture, surrounding which we will leap forward in the future...
and the only game to do at this present moment is CRICKET....

it would take us another 200 yrs (or more) to reach soccer WC..and we are already hosting cricket's version... so it is just justified that the most prestigious, best and well respected stadium of our country gets to host those matches...

6 yrs is quite a long time to re-develop ONE particular stadium....
i believe we should demolish the BNS current gallery and built a 100,000 capacity proper sitting gallery...after all Dhaka is a city of over 10 Million, its not that hard to fill up only 100,000 seats in our sport loving nation...

both cricket n soccer now has got there spiritual homes respectively, and BNS should be a national stadium shared by all, depending on the season and the importance of the game or tournament....and that way, not only cricket and soccer, but any other major events ( like big concerts) could also be held......

even great stadiums like MCG or SCG is being shared by cricket n rugby on thier respective seasons...why cant be BNS ??
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]