Quote:
Originally Posted by koushik
¤ NZ ¤
1.HADLE
2.CROWE
3.VETTORI
4.CRAINS
5.BOND

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
vettori has been a tremendous asset to the NZ team in his time but i don't think he should quite be in the top 5, close. but his bowling average is rising and going close to 35 while his batting averaging is remaining significantly under 30. maybe he can rectify these things before he retires but i wouldn't think so....i think you have to rate vettori as an all rounder because if you rate him purely as a spinner, even just compared to the best NZ has offered, then he falls far short as there are a few batsmen imo ahead of him in that light. as an all rounder he has more to offer but still falls slightly short imo. was a really good bowler earlier in his career but not so much these days, which sadly i believe is partly due to what the NZ team needed from him so he didn't get to develop his bowling as it could have been as they needed him more as an all rounder which had an effect on his bowling.