Thread: Power of mind
View Single Post
Old April 1, 2005, 05:29 PM
ODI Cricketer

I did watch some videos back in 1995-96 which showed exactly the same things that Dr. Nayek has presented in his speech. Read the first speech anyway. Other than some stuffs, this is actually a quite a rich example of Razab syndrome. I will just talk about one thing in the speech. It's about the last one, where 'the most merciful' has promised to roast and reroast the skin of his creatures, who rejects his 'signs'.

Here is the punch line:
"...if your skin is roasted, We shall give you fresh skin,so that you'll feel the pain".

Now here, this professor Tagada Tagashon, who is supposed to be the ex-head of the dept. of anatomy in Shangma University in Thailand - he was given the translation of this verse. He said: "It is impossible that Qur'an can mention this. We discovered recently - How is it possible?" So, he doesn't agree with this. Later on, after checking with the Holy Qur'an he was so impressed that he said the shahadah.

I have a question. Tell a 10 years old boy that this guy was burnt so bad that his skin lost all sensation. Now ask the boy what needs to be done to let the guy re-experience the same pain of burning. What will he answer? If I tell that the answer will be something to do with repairing the skin or somehow "reskinning" will anyone object here? I hope not. (I don't see a 10 years old boy around here, so had to guess, or is there any flaw in my guessing so?) So what is so extra ordinary or revealing about this that the Ex-head of anatomy converted to Islam just on the basis of this fact. Furthermore, this one event was so significant that Mr. Nayek kept it as a surprise until at the end of the speech. And the audience was so delighted to learn this, that they clapped (ok, may be the clap was for the end of speech too). Isn't that a perfect example of Razab syndrome?
By the way, here is something else, which might be interesting to some. My first thought was, if this guy really converted just by reading this verse, which in this case can't claim to show more intellectuality than a 10 year old boy, then he must be dumb. (See, I am not demeaning the verse by equating with 10 years old boy. All what 10 years old boy knows is not trash. For example he knows that sun rises in the east. So do I, that doesn't mean I will be talking trash if I say that) I thought he probably went through other entlightenments before really converting. So, I tried to search for him. His, as well as the name of the University was misspelled in the script. But well, I found a reference of some Tagata Tagasone from Chiang Mai University of Thailand. In fact I did an exact search for "Tagata Tagasone" in google, and it returned 161 result. I checked all 161 links, and each and every single link was something to do with quran and science. And none of the links were anything to do with Chiang Mai University. Anyway I tried to visit the website of Chiang Mai University, but that is ureadable, as the whole website is in Thai. In short couldn't find any credential for the ex anatomy head.