View Single Post
Old July 25, 2011, 10:48 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Just to let you all know here I am always available to do this work either here in the UK or out in Bangladesh. I always said this and it was mentioned again when I left on Cricinfo:

Despite deciding not to renew his contract, Pont would like to stay involved with Bangladesh cricket in some capacity so he can help develop the next generation of fast bowlers. "I feel this is a vital ingredient for replicating what Sri Lanka has been able to do, for example, in the same sort of time frame," Pont said. "Developing the pace bowling unit is going to make the Bangladesh cricket far more competitive."

Source: http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/508726.html

This was way back in April. It is almost August. I appreciate that Geoff has come in to 'report' back on what needs to be done, but let's get on with doing it. As I said a few basics tweaks isn't going to do it otherwise that would have been done. The work required is technical, bio-mechanical and also bowler awareness. There are not many coaches who can complete this task successfully, and we had already had some uplift in national bowling performances to prove it. I am happy to host players here if they wish to fly back to Bangladesh and get going on the project, if there is a plan to have one.

As I mentioned previously, the Indian market place is opening up as the realisation about needing pace bowlers becomes obvious. I am working through contracts to go and work with teams and players at various levels. We are writing plans and projects for the next 4 years that will then roll out further long term. They will be implemented. Fast bowlers will start to come through in India because I will ensure this happens.

My comments when I left the national bowling post still hold true about coming back to Dhaka for this. I just hope I am still available if the time comes.
Ian, the reason I said that our bowlers should travel to you in England is because the facilities and the condition it self. I always feel the pacers here never get satisfactory result of their delivery because of the surface. In England, they would be able to develop their bowling much better with those excellent bouncy wickets. I think they will also feel confident and get better result for the hard work they put in on every single delivery. Whats more, they will play with local pacers who are usually well developed. And in your own academy, you will have only yourself to listen to so basically you can do whatever you want with the players and there wont be BCB to stop you from experimenting
But sadly i dont think BCB will ever think out of the box or invest on our pacers. Maybe some private club might hire you for short term or any player might individually travel to UK at their own expense to lean and improve. Until than, only us in BC realize what we are missing and what you have to offer for our pacers.