View Single Post
Old June 30, 2004, 07:04 AM
ODI Cricketer

Cordial Thanks, Zephaniah.
The clue of the ECB page helped a lot to clarify. I could find the schedule wherein these are mentioned as- Under 19 Test and
Under 19 ODI. Here are the links-

Under 19 ODI

Under 19 Test

I could find several links for the classification of 1st class matches like-Link 1, Link 2, link 3 too.

I am sorry if I would be the only one confusing about the terminologies, ODIs and Tests. But I do not mind to ask people to remove my confusions and I am thankful for extending your helping hands.

Yes, I knew well when can a one day match be classified as an ODI. But I was confused to see our coach using the term One Day International. I could not think that to be wrong since it was the schedule provided by the Coach at the same time could not accept that as a correct one for confusion, and wanted to have this clarified.

My current understanding from the posts above and some other links is that yes, these will be ODIs, and the Coach is not wrong. The terminology seems to be 100 % correct here since it was mentioned that the program schedule is for under 19 teams. Otherwise while mentioning in some article or somewherelse, we should write as Under 19 ODI., as has been mentioned in the ECB schedule to distinguish it clearly from other matches in the same list.

Ofcourse, Under 19 ODI is different from ODI. Bangladesh under 19 will play 3 under 19 ODIs along with some one day matches or one dayers, whatever may be called. Writing those 3 under 19 ODIs simply as 3 one dayers or one day matches is possibly wrong. However, such misleading terminologies are frequently used by our newspapers and even I noticed it in the Bangla Cricket message board or front page score cards in several occasions.

Thank you.