View Single Post
Old December 10, 2002, 06:22 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Bulbul and the pitch

After the failure in the first innings, Bulbul as well as every bangali and BCB knew that Bulbul needed to post a big one to stay in the team.
At this point, I am tired of having a different team in every single test. However, the team that played in the last team needs to be change, it should have never been picked in the first place.
First of all, they needed Rokon, not Anwar. Anwar needs more time to mature. I feel sorry for him.
Durjoy and Moni, two spinners ? HOW CAN THE SELECTORS/BCB not know what the groundsmen did ? When they took the job, what did they think they were doing ? We are sitting infront of a computer yet we could have predicted a third pacer after watching the one-dayers. They have the luxury to even check with the groundsmen (unless they are too HIGH and MIGHTY thanks to their "position" to even consider what a lower official has to say).

They should Quit if they have any sense (highly doubt it) and so should Bulbul. After all this years, you'd think the guy would know what to do.

Lot o the blame goes to the selectors for makin so many changes to the team over the last 16 tests. A player need to worry about the match in hand instead of having to worry if he is going to be dropped if he fails. When they started with Bulbul and some of the others, they needed to stick with them for 3-5 matches just to give them a chance to build as a team.

They can still do that. Atleast have 7-9 core players. I suggest the following:

Rokon
Hannan
Ashraful
Sumon
Kapali
Pilot
Moni/Rafique/Durjoy - stick with one
Monju/Talha/Talha/Tareq - Any two
Masri