View Single Post
Old March 29, 2007, 03:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
Ok so does that mean an Admin cannot taunt a member either? Because according to your reply a member cannot taunt an admin at any cost. If that is the case then admins should not be able to taunt members either or else it would be like tying someone up and then beating the living daylights out of him and feeling like a very strong man at the end of the "fight". Then should we report it if admins taunt us since we cannot taunt them back in return.
I don't understand your question.

When someone taunts/baits an admin out of the blue, it's usually of this form: "You think you are right about political topic X because you are an admin..., but you are wrong. Don't use the admin card to prove that you are right about X. You are abusing your admin power, etc. etc.", when usually, the admin had said nothing of that sort. That's baiting/taunting by a member who is trying to get under the admin's skin by making up an entirely false scenario, abusing the fact that the person he is having a discussion with is an admin.

What is the parallel of this in an admin baiting/tauning a member? None that I can think of. I have never seen an admin saying to a member: "you are wrong about this political opinion of yours because you are a lowly member and not an admin; only admins on this forum have the correct political insight about this. I am an admin and because of that, I know more about this political thing than you do." It's laughable. It's never been done.