View Single Post
Old November 29, 2012, 03:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I disagree. In the first test we had a target of 245 to chase in more than 70 overs. I don't think it was beyond our reach.

We need to first focus on how to get 20 wkts, and with our current bowling resources, I feel it needs to be a rank turner (like India prepared for Mumbai test) for us to remain in contest. What we don't want is to lose the toss and then toil for two days hoping for a declaration. Obviously in a turning pitch our batsman will suffer...but they suck in any condition so it wouldn't make much of a difference. We would get those magical forties regardless of flat decks or turning tracks.
In 1st innings WI scored 500+ by losing only 4 wickets. Same WI got all out within 74 overs in 2nd innings by scoring only 273.

Simple indication was wicket is not as batting friendly as 1st innings. Definitly that wicket got worse in 4th innings as well. Why BD went for a win with a required rate of 3+????

This is test cricket and test cricket is field of temperment. Bangladeshi batters haven't got that temperment yet. If they could try to make the match draw, may be we could be in respectable position. Where our famous and everyone's favorite batting line up went for scoring at required rate and got out.

The batting line up who cannot survive 70 overs in 4th innings, how can they win??????