View Single Post
Old February 15, 2013, 02:32 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I always told Jadukorni... valentines day is overrated but interestingly every year that particular day turned out to be something special even though we didn't plan to.

I remember in 2011 the iron maiden concert in Singapore was on the 15th... so we traveled to Singapore a few days earlier and ended up spending the valentines day evening on a cable car dinner somewhere near Sentosa. In 2012 we were coincidentally again in Malaysia during February after having endured the terrible flood in Thailand and ended up having a wonderful dinner at the Traders Hotel restaurant overlooking the Petronus Towers.

This year we were in Thailand and we really had nothing planned. On my way back from work on the 14th i was instructed to stop at the mall to pick up groceries. As I went into the mall, it really hit me how important the day is for so many people! There were lots of nicely decorated new stalls, heart shaped balloons, flowers, cakes etc and there were tons of people still frantically buying valentines day gifts. At that point i remembered the previous years and I felt I was missing out and also letting Jadukorni miss out on the excitement and I decided to pick up a Dior perfume and a bunch of roses. Jadukorni was totally taken buy surprise because of the gift and roses and also because i had totally forgotten the groceries.

ps. next day i found nicely wrapped Avengers special edition blu ray next to the bedside table.