View Single Post
Old June 6, 2007, 01:01 AM
Street Cricketer

Default Alok One of the Best BD batsmans so far

From my point of view, Alok is one of the best BD batsmans so far I have seen along witn Ashraful. He has the capability of playing all types shots with outstanding ability to keep the scoreboard moving even in worse case. As far as I can remember, most of the matches when BD was in deep deep trouble losing 4/5 wickets just in 10/15 overs, it was Alok & Pilot who used to rescue the team and helped the team to get a so called "respectable defeat" (HB loves it !!)

I would keep Alok ahead of Ashraful because he is much better player of spin than Ash.I watched him to play magnificintly against Warne, Saqlain,Murali. I know some guys will argue that Ash played very well Murali. But still I think Alok is better than Ash playing spin. Warne & Ponting used to praise him highly.

I know he was totally out of form for certain period of time.It was fair enough to keep him away from the team for that period. But he played very well in the last domestic league. He should have given at least 2/3 chances since he is extremely talented player. Though I was highlighting his batting ability, one must not forget he is an useful bowler, an outstanding fielder and nevertheless he has a positive attitude to be a match winner.

Since BD is going to play against Srilanka away just look at the comparison of Alok & Ash in this regard:

http://stats.cricinfo.com/guru?sdb=compare;playerid=35501;class=odiplayer;fi lter=advanced;team=0;opposition=0;notopposition=0; homeaway=away;continent=0;country=0;notcountry=0;g roundid=0;season=0;startdefault=2002-08-04;start=2002-08-04;enddefault=2006-08-04;end=2006-08-04;tourneyid=0;finals=0;daynight=0;toss=0;schedule dovers=0;scheduleddays=0;innings=0;followon=0;resu lt=0;seriesresult=0;captain=0;keeper=0;dnp=0;recen t=;runslow=;runshigh=;batposition=0;dismissal=0;bo wposition=0;ballslow=;ballshigh=;bpof=0;overslow=; overshigh=;conclow=;conchigh=;wicketslow=;wicketsh igh=;dismissalslow=;dismissalshigh=;caughtlow=;cau ghthigh=;caughttype=0;stumpedlow=;stumpedhigh=;vie wtype=com_compare;csearch=ashraful;cplayerid=24667 ;comparetype=bat_summary;compare=1;.cgifields=cpla yerid;.cgifields=comparetype

what is the big difference??

Don't you think that he should have given a chance ????

Last edited by Zunaid; June 6, 2007 at 01:57 AM.. Reason: Hyperlink