View Single Post
Old August 29, 2008, 03:06 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: AB de Villiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
again i'll say it, just because a team is a "national team" doesn't make them a great team, in this case i doubt BD is in the top 10 one-day teams in the world, but they are in the top 10 one-day national teams. the rankings just rank the national teams not every single team that plays cricket. and just because a team is an "academy" team doesn't mean they aren't better than some national teams.

you haven't seen the AIS play so you have no idea how strong they are, how strong they are is based on how good the players in the team are not the title of the team.

also i doubt the BD A team is strong as the national team, certainly not the full strength national team. remember the A team on the england tour was not really an A team, half of it was current national teamers, take those players out and the A team is even weaker than it was on that tour.

do i honestly believe this AIS team could beat WI or WI A? well i'm pretty sure they could beat the WI A team since their national team isn't all that good. could they beat the WI national team? yes they could, could they do it consistently? i'm not sure, i'd have to see both teams more to make a call like that.
I absolutely agree