View Single Post
Old August 28, 2012, 09:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
I know the temptation to test him out is really high, and it could be worth it as well. But just try to remember how helpless he looked against the Zimbabwean/Saffers in the T20 tournament.
UNOFFICIAL T20 series is the WORST place to judge any cricketer. Shakib sucks at T20, look how good he is in Tests and ODIs. This is why T20 cricket is not real cricket. What elements of T20 require classicism? Bear in mind Anamul is a classic batsman, of the "get set then score big" mold.

Quote:
He has the ability, he as the mentality, no one is arguing about that.
If he really has ability, he will be fine. But he needs time.

Quote:
But the step up from "A" team to national team is a huge one, let alone the U19->National team one. So, I say let's be sissies for once and see what waiting another year can give us. From all the scores he has had, and his average, he alongside Asif Ahmed looks like our future batting backbone. I would hate to see us losing a player like him or Asif. [And yes, I have seen Asif play in Dhaka, haven't seen Anamul, but Asif can be as good as Anamul in the near future]
Why would we lose him? If he has genuine ability, he will shine. What do we expect will happen by leaving him out of the side? Will he magically get better and be immune to failure. Why not leave Ash out of the side for a year or so if its a magic pill?

#OneTeam1Dream