View Single Post
Old August 30, 2012, 07:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
shabbir for #7 is a good option imo, shuvagata could be at #7 though i'd prefer him higher. i definitely think shuvagata was unfairly dropped from the national team, i know he was in poor form in domestics but he did nothing wrong playing for the national team, plus by the time the national team played again he was coming back into form. it just doesn't make any sense to debut a player in one series in which they did a decent job and then get dropped the next series. if you're not series about a player as a long term prospect then don't debut them, it's not like he was debuted because someone got injured and they came back the next series, he was genuinely selected then dropped for no reason.
From what I remember, he got dropped in favor of Alok Kapali who performed much better than him in domestics. Obviously, that didnt work out too well.Also what didn't help him was Nasir's rise as a batsman and the already packed middle order. You could say it was harsh for him to get dropped but as a professional, you have to be able to bounce back once your out of the team but he hasn't done that. He hasn't even scored a half century in the A team. That's why I have no complaints. If he wants it bad enough, then let him score his way back. I know he has it in him, we'll just have to wait and see if he does.