View Single Post
Old February 25, 2010, 08:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu2abu
Also, england arrived in Dhaka from Dubai where they played a couple of T20s against Pakistan. Some players (like kieswetter) had been in Dubai for a while longer having been part of the england Lions team.

Since arriving in dhaka they have played 2 warm up matches against 2 BCB board XIs.

The BD team have returned to dhaka last weekend after completing a one-off test match against New Zealand in NZ.

My question is what have the BD team been doing to prepare for the ODIs against England? Normally domestic cricket is good enough, but we all know Desh's domestic structure is not very good.

And were is Jamie Siddons? Why was he in Aus the week before the ODIs against England? BD are not a team like India, our coach is important to us.

I had always thought BD had a good chance against england at home, with this sort of build up I'm not so sure anymore...
the players are well tuned up. they played agaisnt india at home not so ago. they were playing cricket in NZ. so they should be well in the groove. perhaps they needed some rest. players like aftab, naeem, junaed, rokibul were out of favour or out of the game, they were given knocks.

i expect the team to be declared tonight or early tomorrow and the players will star training tomorrow. i think this is enough for us.