View Single Post
Old November 3, 2012, 08:32 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
funny thing is the actual pronunciation of 'Ghana' is 'Gana' NOT 'Ghana'. So, he was right at first though i think he himself did not know that.

Anyway, i may find him funny and he is a great source of entertainment but that no way mean that i would offend him in person. I strongly oppose those people who call him 'loser', 'khayat' ! It shows cheap mentality of those people Not of Ananta's ! Having said that, Ananta should be careful what he does now. If making meme, trolls is an insult then 'Rajnikanth', 'Chuck Norris' would have died long time ago So, he should think that all those memes, trolls are acknowledgement of his work.
You are absolutely right. I've a very good mate who's from Ghana. He also pronounces Ghana as Gana. That's not the problem. Problem is Sir Ananta denied in an interview that he pronounced it Gana, asked question why he would pronounce Ghana as Gana. Then he went to another interview and claimed he knew that people of Ghana pronounce it like the way he did. It would've been good if the story ended there, but it didn't. He went to Munni Baadnaam Huyi's interview and said he had no idea how the people of Ghana pronounce it and denied his last statement. So you see, he's a flipper. I don't have the slightest problem with his pronounciation and accent (it's a different story that it entertains me immensely) as I, myself, have a strong chatgaiya accent in my Bangla, but I have problem with his lies, shameless self promotion and unreal narcissism. He's a celebrity and his actions and speeches will always be scrutinized.
Having said all that, no one has the right to ridicule anyone in person for their speeches, specially not infront of their family. Borsha and Ananta was provoked and their reaction was very real, though Borsha may have gone a little overboard with throwing the glass/plate. The kid acted like a loser and got what he was asking for, may be a little more than that.