View Single Post
Old August 29, 2008, 02:33 AM
Banned

Thumbs up The THANK YOU thread

5 match warm up. Won 2, lost 3. Our team had some batting practice, had some fun, some success.

Once again, Bangladesh matches were completely ignored by cricinfo. Once again, the 9th ranked cricketing nation was left without any coverage. Cricinfo brings news of women's cricket, blind cricket, minor leagues, even school cricket. CI covers Scotts, Netherlands, Canada, UAE, Kenya, Bermuda, Ireland ,Nepal and others. The only top ranked team that they ignore is Bangladesh.

By now, we at banglacricket have bit of a history of collecting scores and updates of our matches through "unconventional" sources. I have had to do it a number of times and I could tell you a few interesting stories of these adventures of the past 10 or more years.

Thanks to our loyal fans, volunteers, well-wishers, our team management and even the kindness of strangers, we were able to get updates of these five warm up matches from Darwin. I wanted to acknowledge your efforts here. Not in any particular order:

Rabeed Imam - Our team's Media Manager. This young man works extremely hard. Reliability is his middle name, always a pleasure to talk to him. Many of us are already familiar with his superb abilities as a sports writer. He has already accomplished a lot in his young life. A true gentleman. I had a chance to meet his family also – beautiful Mrs. Imam and son Sayam. He now has a second son - recently born. Congrats Rabeed. We hope our team continues to reap the benefits of your service long in to the future. This wasn't the first time we called upon him for help.

Nasir Ahmed – Our team analyst “Nashu bhai”

bujhee kom - Zaved. Your enthusiasm is touching. BC is proud to have you as a member.

Other bc members:
Cricket_king
nsd3
Kalpurush
MohammedC

The people at the Gardens that helped Zaved with the scores:
Ian
Scott
Sarah
Rex

Tehsin - Thank you for organizing it
Miraz - Thank you for stepping in at the right time

In the Aussie land:

Rex(Deryck Hunt) - Ground announcer at the Gardens
Jason Bremner - Community Cricket Manager - NTC
NTC - For trying to get live coverage permission from Cricket Australia.

Forgive me if I have forgotten anyone….

Cheers all. Let’s get ready to enjoy the upcoming series.