View Single Post
Old November 13, 2007, 11:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

If you ask me, I would say a big NO. Here are a few reasons:

1. I know the team is in a terrible condition in terms of players' technical abilities, but putting new players in the middle might not make the situation better all of a sudden. There's nothing called a silver bullet, and adding new players without much thought is a silver bullet syndrome (something that BCB has been suffering from).

2. The new coach would want players who have proven talents. Seeing first class stats of less than 30 matches, he'll just cross out the player immediately. It takes a bit of time for everyone to cope up, and it will certainly take him a long time to come down to BCB's standards.

3. Personal opinion: Let the coach get to know the team and the structure. Two changes at the same time is always more challenging than one change followed by another. Since a new coach is one change to begin with, let the team be intact. Let the coach decide from this tourney what he needs to do with the technical flaws. May be he will have some ideas to correct these problems. May be he'll ask for new guys. But he will only do that once he sees these guys perform in the job...not in the net.