View Single Post
Old April 14, 2007, 07:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Default What I want to see tomorrow...

I am going to be a touch arrogant and presume that Bangladesh is going to win tomorrow, even though Ireland is playing excellent cricket and we do tend have batting collapses our recent form and confidence indicate a Bangladeshi victory on Sunday.

What I want to see our team doing tomorrow is something I don't our team has ever done, and that is to bat first and pile up a massive (300 minimum) score that breaks the back of the chasing effort even before it begins and buries the opposition in a mountain of pressure, similar to what Sri Lanka did to us in the group matches.

Why Bangladesh has never done it I don't know, even when we began to win comfortably against the associates (last year), we still preferred to chase and when batting first our highest score has been 300, and even that only once. For once I want to see our team go out and dominate the attack to the tune of 7 an over till the opposition is crying for mercy. Is that too much to ask?

PS: Actually, I will be happy if we just win tomorrow.