View Single Post
Old July 21, 2004, 08:28 AM
Test Cricketer

excellent analysis by Imtiaz.

I agree with him. I would like to point-out some points here:

1) Look, Razzaq in new role today and he performed well without showing any nervessnous (he is playing only his third match, sharing new and adventurous responsibility, first over gone for 23 runs, bowling to world class batsmen, spinning with shining ball). He kepts his mind cool and played his natural game under tremendous pressure. That shows his mental strength and still repeat that unless and untill BD batsmen show such kind of mental strength, they will let down millions of bangladeshi fans again

2) Bashar is not good for opening. Try with Javed (when he fits) and Rana. Javed proved he is an ideal opener (some others still think otherwise) and Rana proved his capabalities earlier.

3) Move Ashraful to middle order. He is more useful there and i believe he can play his natural game there without any pressure. let him play his natural game, team needs it. anyway he will get his chance as frontline batsmen still not performing

4) Include Foisal in the playing eleven - he is showing confidence and he needs experience to mature. let him make a permanent player of the team

5) Drop Kapali - he is enjoying in the team since a long time. his time is over and he should be sacked at any cost now

6) Give confidence to Razaqq - he is bowling well and try to boost his confidence in all possible way. let things not to happen that he is a one tour wonder

7) Rajin - needs a break.... only a break, he will come back to the team. if he recovers his confidence and touch, he will be the Rahuld Dravid of BD

8) Tarek - dont spoil him. he bowled well after his first over.

9) Taposh - his ommission from today's squad will spoil his confidence. he is required in the team

What do you people think?