View Single Post
Old April 7, 2011, 01:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Why not go back 1 year and assign your default score then and then you'll have enough data points to compute what should be a close approximation of relative strengths today. That way we won't have to wait a long while to get the rating scores and in fact we might use current (subjective of course) estimation of strengths to tweak your formulas. Think about it.
i had actually done that with a far simpler formula about a year ago. i managed to compile back-data for about 18 months of cricket from the end of the 2007 world cup to about mid 2008. it was a sizeable effort which spanned a good half dozen hours or more.

with the new formula it would take at least a couple of days even using Excel's built in tricks.

plus, might as well give everyone a fresh start right after the world cup and with the advent of the ICC's new league.

ditto for the Test rankings when i tweak the equations for that format. but your idea was certainly something i thought about doing before i finally decided against it due to time constraints mainly.

cheers.

#OneTeam1Dream