View Single Post
Old April 21, 2004, 07:17 AM
Club Cricketer

Default India bashing!

Such 'India bashing' on the basis of the opinion of one Indian journalist is really amusing!

Bangladesh has really not done a great done in their stint in international cricket, and that is something that Bangladeshis should accept and go ahead. It is a bit immature to be so touchy about a stray comment!

I also find a few reactions ludicrous:

1) Someone said India has won its first Test in 20 years - Let's get the facts straight here, India achieved its first Test victory in 25 Tests, but they managed to draw 11 Tests of those 25. On the other hand, Bangaldesh has lost 26 of its first 28 Tests, and the other two were draws because they were simply washed out

2) Someone has said that India has no bowler of Mashrafe's calibre - funny, that he has never got a 5-wicket haul in international cricket. Further, he has a bowling average of 40 in ODIs and 35.96 in Tests. Mashrafe is undoubtedly the best Bangladeshi pacer, but he has miles to go in international cricket.

For that matter, other than Md Rafique, no Bangladeshi cricketer has the talent to consistently perform at the international level (Habibul Bashar included). Rajin Saleh is one more guy who may develop well due to his temperament.

I know I am going to ruffle a few feathers here, but facts are simply, unfortunately, facts!