View Single Post
Old August 3, 2006, 08:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Arrow If i were a Bangladesh, i would ...

feel bad for a couple of hours, maybe a day or two at max, and move on.

What else, it's just a cricket damn it. Losing by a hair-thin margin - i understand your anguish, but then ODIs have always been unpredictable on that score. Heck, who would've predicted that India would've lost 4-1 to the WI side? And each of the match (bar one) was on the knife edge and decided in the last over or so. WI were rated far lower on all accounts and yet they came out trumps.

They played better.

It is always like that.

With more and more matches being played, we'll see lot more last ball sixes to finish the game. 1 ball and 2 run to win is as difficult as 1 ball six runs to win or 1 ball 4-run to win. I personally feel that 1 ball-six runs to win has less pressure than 1 ball 2 runs to win. Batsman swings wildly - he connects, he is the hero. He doesn't connect - his team loses by 4 runs and no one blames him. But in a 1 ball - 2 runs to win scenario - if the batsman fails to score, the whole team is gonna cry and everyone is gonna blame him.

Bottomline - it is a new day (or night here) and i am sure BD players and fans alike are gonna rinse their hankies, wash their face, grab some tea and go get them Zimbos. There is everything to fight for and no room for complacency or mercy anymore.

And btw, threads like "Was Mashrafe bribed", "Saddest day of my life", "If i were a bangladeshi, i would kill myself" only make me think that more people from this forum should join me in my Pabna Enclosure and get some wisdom from Pagla Baba.

My pabna and non-pabna colleagues, cheer up

Last edited by DJ Sahastra; August 3, 2006 at 08:19 PM..