Thread: Vision: 2015
View Single Post
Old July 21, 2012, 01:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

I think fixing away matches with West Indies and New Zealand is also very important. Especially now that West Indies has a full strength team. We need to show and prove in the fiels that we have a habit of winning important series against these two teams. This will not only enable us to move up the rankings in all formats, but will also cause the Cricket Boards of the top cricket nations to play with us regularly.

I agree with Saber Hossain that unless and until our domestic cricket structure has been remodelled. It is very difficult to be a very strong test team. Experts from different boards from England or South Africa can be brought as advisors. NCL should no longer be a "picnic" league.

Also, care should be taken to all the existing cricket grounds, i.e. in Bogra, Fatullah, etc. so that the drainage system of the field or the stadium as a whole should be well-maintained. It's definitely impressive that Khulna and maybe and Cox's Bazar will be test cricket grounds, but without proper care and maintenance of ALL stadiums, the efforts will be futile and it will defame the cricket board and Bangladesh internationally.

I remember once Iceman mentioned that BD cricketers are not yet true professionals. If it's true, it can be quite alarming. I', not a cricket guru, but I think if you intend to be professional anything's possible.