View Single Post
Old September 3, 2014, 06:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Kingston is pretty decent for the spinners... unless they surface is changed.

To me, the chances of Elias taking a wicket is higher than Rubel or even Robiul and on the upside, Elias will go for less than both Rubel or Robiul combined. I wouldnt have my expectation high on either Taijul or Riyad as one of them is very inexperienced and the other one until recently is used to bowling short spells and is definitely not a key bowler.

My side going in would be,

Tamim
Anamul
Mominul
Mushy
Nasir
Hom
Riyad
Sunny
Taijul
Al Amin
Robiul

Even than, we dont have enough to take 20 wickets but anything less and it will be 5 day long buffet for them. I also believe that adding Shamsur or Imrul as the 8th batsman wont be the difference between getting bundled out for 250 and declaring 500/7. I would keep away Imrul who looks shaky and an early departure always creates an extra pressure for the rest. Same goes for gifting wickets early on the innings! Bring Riyad as late as possible. He is better off in the end. Also let Hom come out late too as he is bound to have nerves. Although with his scoring fluency, if comes out in a comfy situation, will definitely pile up a quick 30-40 with ease

I am thinking along the same way....sunny will be more effective from team perspective than rubel or robiul.
I am concerned as soon as the pacers get hit by couple of boundaries, the captain will immediately remove the slip cordon and the fielders will be chasing the ball all day long. Its not Sunny is better than Rubel/Robiul, I think he will be more effective, and probably the WI batsmen will be less comfortable playing his spin. I don't think 3rd pacers would add much value.