View Single Post
Old September 4, 2014, 04:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

who is in the windies test squad? gabriel has gone backwards and should not be picked, jerome taylor for all the skills he had has lost a bit of pace and isn't as lethal these days. roach is the leader of the attack and they should pick holder for his height and bounce and i think it's time for cummins to come into the test team, cummins has enormous potential as does holder and it's time to let them develop into the bowlers they could be rather than hold onto the hope that a 30 year old (taylor) who's done not much in his test career after 30 odd matches will still develop into a world class bowler.

and if mominul doesn't play it will probably be the worst selection blunder that i've seen since i started following BD cricket. he's had a lightening start to his test career, plus he's scored big in WI before even if it was at academy level, he's actually got some experience of scoring runs in WI conditions, not sure how many of the BD batsmen actually have that, he does.

as far as going for a draw well they shouldn't be specifically aiming for a draw, go for the win but the result doesn't need to be the focus at this point, at this point the players should be focusing on the roles they are supposed to play in the match. if the batsmen score big you never know what could happen with the bowlers even if they are limited, but without the runs there is no chance of coming close to 20 wickets, with runs the draw is secure and the win is possible (never know taijul might have an awesome debut or al amin could have his first big outing in tests).