View Single Post
Old February 12, 2012, 11:45 PM
Administrator

Here's a good one from the Independent. Two paragraphs quoted.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...b-6804726.html

Quote:
iverpool's more enduring problem is how to salvage the Merseyside career of a player whose latest apology, just like the one he issued on 4 January, offered no apology or regret to Evra. The extraordinary statement issued by Dalglish was the one which displayed most contrition and was so uncharacteristic that it left the distinct impression that Fenway Sports Group – the club's American owners – had ordered it. "All of us have a responsibility to represent this club in a fit and proper manner and that applies equally to me as Liverpool manager," Dalglish said. "When I went on TV after yesterday's game I hadn't seen what had happened, but I did not conduct myself in a way befitting of a Liverpool manager during that interview and I'd like to apologise for that."

In the the 13 months since Dalglish returned to Liverpool's helm, he has been allowed virtually free rein but this was a significant moment in his relationship with Fenway Sports Group and the club's principal owner, John W Henry. The FSG website report of Liverpool's 2-1 defeat at Old Trafford was headlined: "Luis Suarez shows strength of character, scores in the face of adversity" and bore no reference to the hand-shake. But yesterday's New York Times was excoriating. Its report, headlined: "Another ugly incident mars Liverpool's good name," opened with this paragraph: "If the Fenway Sports Group is to be the responsible team owner in soccer that it has proved to be in baseball, it needs to get hold of Liverpool, its club in England's Premier League, and repair its global image."