View Single Post
Old June 23, 2012, 06:39 AM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
This thread is congratulating a young Bangladeshi player for creating a new world record, nothing more. As far as his WR innings is concerned, he faced 135 deliveries and scored 156 from 4s and 6s, MOST of them after reaching his 100. That leaves 53 singles and 47 dots.

Following the CI live update, we were under the distinct impression that he'd either play a defensive shot or take a single after a boundary. Also, Ratul was playing a sheet anchor role and kept on giving Shoummo the strike to score more aggressively.

That's a new role for him because with Victoria, his partner Tamim Iqbal is the designated aggressor while he plays a sheet anchor with the ability to put the bad ball away. He rotates the strike with ease on both sides of the wicket and plays high percentage drives, glances and cuts ALONG the ground when looking for the ropes. He has an acute awareness of the match situation much like Nasir, and applies different modes of playing to suit different formats. That being said, T20 may not be his strongest suit yet.

I've watched him play over the past 2 years or so and always felt him to a sensible young cricketer with unusual temperament and ability. I also felt that someone like him needed to go on to put up bigger scores than he had. I think pretty much everyone who has seen him play had that feeling. His team management at BKSP, NCL and DPL certainly did and had him open despite not doing what many of us felt him capable of doing sooner rather than later.

He finally scores big and a BIG score it is! Maybe everything we've seen in him came together in this match, albeit against a suspect opposition his teammates (other than Ratul) couldn't handle at all. I hope this gives him the confidence to deliver more big scores consistently no matter where he plays.

He is VERY young. Having seen him, I don't believe he's a day older than 17 although he looks even younger. I think he's one of those provincial BKSP kids who actually add a couple of years to their real age to play at a higher level. I think he's at least 2-3 years away from being "ready" for the national team even if fast-tracked as fast as possible. Then again, I believe that Bijauy is ready NOW but T20 or not, he has yet to perform for the national team.
Oh, excellent observation. This is why I come to BC, this is why I love BC.