Thread: Man of Steel
View Single Post
Old June 16, 2013, 04:00 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I liked the way they handled the opening sequences. A story that is well known and has been viewed/read by generations of fans, is hard enough to tell again. You have to give credits to the way they reimagined the story. Loved the way Krypton was envisioned. Just when I thought here comes "superboy" part of story, we are moved abruptly to full grown man Clark! Flashbacks were a nice way to handle transition between childhood and Clark Kent the man.

Story was very fast paced, which can be bit overwhelming for some who are seeking that connection to the characters. This was probably done due to the fact that Superman story is so well known, director/writer assumed audience already has connection to the characters (might not be a smart idea after all). I thought little bit of investment in character development would have made audience connect with Clark better.

Action was intense. 3D was subtle, which is what you should expect; i.e. 3D shouldn't be the part that steals the show, the story should. Zimmer's score went with the story well, but I thought it was bit underwhelming. I expected bit more. After watching for over 2 hours, I failed to identify a leitmotif. A movie like this must have a clear leitmotif! May be there was one, but it just got lost completely in the action sequences. Compare this against leitmotifs in Hobbit!

Overall, did I like it; the answer is yes. This is way better attempt than what they did in 2006/07 version. Could have been better, but I will take it. Most moving scene is when he takes off for his first flight from the ice, that's when you realize superman story.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.