View Single Post
Old February 12, 2011, 11:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
Please someone prove to me that betting is halal so that I can bet £100 on Bangladesh winning the cup.
it is not halal according to qur'an! it is clear cut forbidden.

Quote:
يَسۡـَٔلُونَكَ عَنِ ٱلۡخَمۡرِ وَٱلۡمَيۡسِرِ‌ۖ قُلۡ فِيهِمَآ إِثۡمٌ۬ ڪَبِيرٌ۬ وَمَنَـٰفِعُ لِلنَّاسِ وَإِثۡمُهُمَآ أَڪۡبَرُ مِن نَّفۡعِهِمَا‌ۗ وَيَسۡـَٔلُونَكَ مَاذَا يُنفِقُونَ قُلِ ٱلۡعَفۡوَ‌ۗ كَذَٲلِكَ يُبَيِّنُ ٱللَّهُ لَكُمُ ٱلۡأَيَـٰتِ لَعَلَّڪُمۡ تَتَفَكَّرُونَ (٢١٩)
They ask thee of wine, and gambling. Say thou: in both is a great sin, and some benefits for men, but the sin of them is for greater than their benefit. And they ask thee, how much they hould expend. Say thou: the redundant portion. In this wise Allah expoundeth unto you His commandments that haply ye may ponder.

Al-Qur'an surah Bakarah ayah 219 Chapter 2, verse 219
Quote:
يَـٰٓأَيُّہَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوٓاْ إِنَّمَا ٱلۡخَمۡرُ وَٱلۡمَيۡسِرُ وَٱلۡأَنصَابُ وَٱلۡأَزۡلَـٰمُ رِجۡسٌ۬ مِّنۡ عَمَلِ ٱلشَّيۡطَـٰنِ فَٱجۡتَنِبُوهُ لَعَلَّكُمۡ تُفۡلِحُونَ (٩٠)O ye who believe! Intoxicants and gambling, (dedication of) stones, and (divination by) arrows, are an abomination― of Satan's handiwork: eschew such (abomination), that ye may prosper.

Al-Qur'an surah Maidah ayah 90 Chapter 5, verse 90
BC member comments:

"dhurr, rifat tui shob moja noshto kori dilli"

my response: arey bhai, it is not about me, it is about you and Allah, take the risk if you want...

Last edited by Rifat; February 13, 2011 at 12:07 AM.. Reason: cite proper source