View Single Post
Old December 9, 2012, 08:17 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

We don't need any extra batting coaches. (If you want to pay someone) We need someone who has a psychology degree. It is all about the players mindset.

Tamim and co going after bowlers in test was their demise. One too many. I was thinking why the heck Channel 9 is replaying old stuff again and again? No, it wasn't old stuff. Dumb players don't understand cricket. This natural game, naturally aggressive players must understand the value of wicket first. If you are there to entertain the crowd, then you can't do that if you get out in a silly play.

I had a better solution years back (for test cricket). I have learned this from Gutli, our Terror Principal in an very early age. Put in a financial structure that rewards players who would play over 100 balls, higher pay for 150 balls, and the trend should continue till 300 balls. Similarly put a structure to penalize them (top order 6) if they play less than 25, 50, 75 balls who throws away his wicket. Kono jhari baji in the locker room'a lagbey na. Emnay emnay player'ra RATARATI thik hoiye jabey. Mindset ki bhabey change kortey hoi ie ta tho shobar jana.

We don't need to chop and change players. Continuity is very important. But the above structure would make Tamim play sensibly and will not take unnecessary risks and would concentrate more on the balls (at least for the first 50 balls). Pocket'a taan diley shob shoja, Carefree bhab ar thakbay na. In any sector of any profession.