Thread: Seven Key Steps
View Single Post
Old May 11, 2010, 09:26 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib
Default Sports Psychologist URGENT!

I voted for sports psychologist. There is no doubt that this current bunch need a sports psychologist asap. They might have prepared for the physical aspect of the game but they are very weak in mental aspect of the game. Recently concluded t20 matches proved they are not ready mentally. Bangladesh team from under 19 level to national level can not take pressure. I know many seniors in cricket arena feels the need of a sports psychologist. I have quoted below an article that appeared on Cricinfo which in my opinion reveals the real reason for failure of our under 19 team and national side.

"Bangladesh have yet again limped out of the ICC Under-19 World Cup after a successful and dominant lead-up to the tournament in which expectations were high and great hopes were expressed. Their failure was reminiscent of the last two World Cups, which they approached in good form and on the back of strong warm-up campaigns only to fall at crucial hurdles. The current tournament should lead to some introspection over their inability to handle the 'big games' and perform under pressure" January 21, 2010, Marc Ellison, Cricinfo

Read the complete article:http://www.cricinfo.com/u19wc2010/content/story/445311.html