View Single Post
Old April 9, 2007, 03:54 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Well 'More Proud' would probably solve the problem.

But I don't understand from where this 'Bengali' comes in? Our Language is 'Bangla' and Nationality 'Bangladeshi' and 'Bangali' ethnicity.

'
I couldn't agree more brother.

Introducing ourselves as Bengali while our nationality is Bangladeshi is the most stupid thing in this earth. We need to be logical. The Bengali is the name of a language. On the other hand, Bangali means the people who speaks Bangla as their mother tongue. In that sense it includes the people of West Bengal.

Brothers, this is not an ideological conflict of our rubbish BNP-BAL politics. We should follow what our passport says, we should follow what our constitution says.

The Bangladeshis who live in the Middle East refion knows best how disgusting the word 'Bengali' could be if it is used as their national status. The arab people who respects a Bangladeshi will always call him a Bangladeshi. When they want to show don't care attitude or disrespect, they will address with the word, "Ya Bangalee..". How can I blame them? It is some of us who has spread this disgusting word as our nationality.

Actually, if you are honest and rational, then you have to admit that only it is the Indians who address Bangladeshis just as 'Banglas'. It is because some of the Indians do not have the mentality to to accept the existence or the independence of Bangladesh. Thats why they dont use Bangladeshi. I mentioned before in one of my posts that the English news papers in Qatar are edited by Indians, and they never use the word Bangladeshi. They always write like this, "Bangla PM goes to China, Bangla captain defends...." OK, it is upto you. If someone wants to merge himself or herself with the Indians who dont want to accept our independence, then I have no problem if he/she introduces him/herself as 'Bengali or Bangali'. But I just wish that their conscience to guide them in making decesions.

The administrators and the moderators of the BC forum are undisputably very smart persons, and I have the utmost respect for them. But I don't understand why don't they change the title of the thread from 'Bengali to Bangladeshi'.