View Single Post
Old January 22, 2010, 02:18 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Miraz bhai, i'm not going to comment on his remarks, its really an individual choice to decide whether they are irresponsible or not.

But I, respectfully, would like to disagree with your comment on his knowledge of cricket.
Dont get me wrong, i'm not here to defend him or the choice made by the govt to select him as a president, but someone who'se been associated with cricket for over 20 years, i would like to think that he has 'some' degree of knowledge of cricketing management.

His company "Nirman" has been a synonym to school cricket for many many years. When we were kids, we played nirman, we didnt play school cricket. Plus he was also one of the top brass of one of the two biggest sporting clubs in our country.

You may not like what he had to say on this particular issue, but do you think it is wiser to discredit his years of association with cricket just like that in your opening statement.

As again, i'm not getting into the debate of his qualification for the post he holds and all that.

I hope you do understand my point.
Rabz, I know about him. He was the president of Abahani cricket committee for a very long time and you know that I am an Abahoni supporter.

I know about his long term association with School cricket, I have also played Nirman School cricket. I am not denying his financial contribution and support for the development of School cricket. He will always get respect for that role.

However, I do not agree that long term association is enough to understand a game properly. Mr. Lotus Kamal is a bright example here and he is desperate to prove his incompetence as an administrator since he took the responsibility to run Bangladesh cricket.