View Single Post
Old March 9, 2007, 12:36 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovon13
you missed his point. srilanka set us a target of 303. bangladesh got off to a bad start. they were 78/4 in the 19th over. they were never in the chase. they still managed 265 with ashraful scoring 18 off 43 (he opened), sn scoring 5 off 22, bashar scoring a golden duck, and pilot playing (he had a sr. of 100 atleast for the 8 runs he scored).

i'd say we have a fair chance of putting up 300 against the indian bowling attack, given we have tamim instead of ashraful opening with nafees, bashar and ashraful in a better form, mushfiqur rahim, and mashrafe's batting abilities on flat pitches (which i think will extend to sporting wickets as well, if he bats straighter)
We have a fair chance of scoring high if not 300. All of our players are in good form. I never saw Ashraful scoring so many 20+ constantly. Bashar is in his best ODI form for his 100 ODIs he played. He just needs to check his run out tendency. Aftab (inshallah will play) will match Dhoni and do better in every pixel. Mash will do better than any of their pacers. Rafiq/Razzak pair will do nothing less than Harbhajan/Kumble. We don't have any batsman as unreliable as Shewag. They have to depend on their part time bowlers. Sakib is our genuine bowler who checks runs a picks up wicket periodically.
Why people are worrying. We have to perform to our potential that we are doing.

So far we said we will win "jodi laigya jay good luck".
I would like to say now that we will win "jodi na laigya jay bad luck".