View Single Post
Old February 28, 2010, 04:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Some members might be laughing at those who expected a win or even a series win, but not taking in account that nobody knew the team selection at that point. Most of us did not expect an unfit pacer's inclusion or both position three and four occupied with very technically incorrect players. They way TI batted we just needed another batsman to deliver a 70+ innings or 2 more scoring around 30. This could put the opponent into enough pressure as we could dry up the runs with a more cautious approach.

BTW I never expected to win but TI actually changed my stance last night . If he can punish Bresnan-Broad-Collingwood like that then we just need someone for a long time support him ATW. Shakib had the biggest opportunity in this match actually since the opportunity to beat India when we had 296 on the board.

I cannot say they lack commitment or anything. The problem is whatever fielding and bowling flaws are part of us, it could be a different story had Shakib stayed with TI as a couple for another ten overs or so and we could really utilize the PP.