View Single Post
Old July 9, 2012, 11:29 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat, Zunaid

LOL @ the conversation above.

Back on topic, my first cricket match that had ODI status would be Bangladesh VS Pakistan at the Dhaka/Bangabandhu stadium..I honestly can't remember what year or what tournament. All i remember is Wasim Akram opened the bowling and for Pakistan and Shipon (Or was it Sajid?) was opening for Bangladesh. LOL that was a horrible story...i hardly remember anything at all!

A more prominent memory will be my first test...which I'm sure was a first for many members on this forum...the first test match Bangladesh ever played! I remember a random middle aged guy hugging me and bursting inn to tears after Bulbul raised his bat after reaching 100. He said something about how Bangladeshi players could never could make it to the Pakistan team before 1971 and how gratifying it was to see Bangladesh host it's own test match. Ahh memories...