View Single Post
Old November 11, 2012, 06:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Btw, Rajin is an exceptional individual. Not many Bangladeshi are in his mould. I would have selected Rajin just for his work ethics and dedication -if, I was a selecta!
Rajin should have never been dropped to begin with back around 2007. That's when the buira's in our team got left behind (Bashar, Pilot, Golla). At the time I thought BCB would keep him in the loop for the longer version considering he was somewhat experienced. But after getting dropped, he never really helped his cause by having any breakout performance in NCL. He scored runs from time to time, but always here and there. Whether he will ever return in the national team or not, one thing that's for sure is he intends to be around cricket for a long long time.

His 'Dhokhin Shurma' cricket academy is slowly growing. I think down the line in few more years after the franchise FC league takes over, we will probably see Rajin take over the team as a coach or adviser, the kind of role Pilot is now playing for Rajshahi. He is already kind of doing that now, I know during the off season and few weeks before NCL starts he invites all local players in the squad and hold training camp on his own.